Hillingdon Athletic Club welcome new junior members throughout the year of varying abilities*. Juniors from 9-17 years old train at Hillingdon Athletic Stadium, Gatting Way, Uxbridge on Tuesday and Thursday Evenings 5.30pm- 7pm.
*Parents of Children wanting to join must first contact Alison Alford, Juniors Co-ordinator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and receive confirmation that it is OK to come along to training before coming to training. We have limited resources and have a limit to how many children we can coach.
1. Come along to a training session; £10 for the first 4 weeks, there is also a minimal entry fee to the stadium.
2. Bring your trainers and a parent/carer.
3. Try out a range of events (you’ve got 20 to choose from in athletics) and meet the coaches and other athletes.
4. After a 4 week trial period become a club member (£40 a year for juniors): fill in a membership form
The fee is £10 for an initial 4 week membership. There is no obligation to join after this period. If after 4 weeks the junior wants/is invited to become a full member they will need to pay the additional £30 and complete full membership. The junior is required to attend all sessions in the 4 week period.
In addition to the full annual membership fee of £40 there is an entrance fee to Hillingdon Stadium. The entrance fee is payable each time a person uses Hillingdon Stadium. This fee goes to Fusion & Hillingdon Council and not Hillingdon A.C. Here are the stadium entrance fees.
Complete the online form below and pay by paypal account, debit/credit card or download the form and pay by cash. Completed forms should be handed to Alison Alford. PLEASE DON’T COMPLETE THIS FORM UNTIL YOU HAVE BEEN ASKED TO DO SO BY ALISON ALFORD, JUNIORS CO-ORDINATOR.
What to Expect
- Athletes are split into age and ability groups
- Throws, jumps, hurdles and both running disciplines are covered on a rotating basis throughout the month dependent on weather conditions.
- Normally there will be 5/6 training groups. However it is not always possible to do all events, all the time.
- Meet at 5.15pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Hillingdon Stadium for 5.30pm start until 7pm.
- Athletes are expected to compete in the Young Athletes League, Alder Valley League or the National Junior League at least 3 times a year.
- Parents will be asked to volunteer & should attend the duration of their child’s first session.
- Children that are not fit enough at the end of the trial period will be given a training plan to help them. They are welcome to come back the following month to try again
The main focus for our U13, U15 and U17 athletes is the Alder Valley leagues, National Young Athletes League, National Junior League.There are also several other one-off trophy and open meetings that our athletes can enter.
In the winter the sprint and field athletes take opportunities to compete indoors and the distance runners turn to local, regional and national level relay racing and cross country.
Please remember that Hillingdon AC is a competitive club. Competitions are there for our athletes benefit, coaches give up their time freely to coach the club’s young athletes, in return athletes compete for the club.
Our coaches don’t ask our athletes to do anything they don’t think they’re capable of and volunteer to help make our athletes the best competitor they can become. Competition is rewarding and fun, so make sure you get along to some of the events made available to you.
For further information, relating to any of our sessions, please contact Alison Alford on email@example.com or 07762 521120. Please click here to download our new joiners intitial 4 week Application form.
Don Hirst Trust Fund. For young athletes.