Juniors 11-17 year olds
JUNIORS 11-17 YEAR OLD GROUPS
Hillingdon Athletic Club welcome new membership throughout the year from juniors of varying abilities, any race or social background.
If you want to be involved in an enjoyable sport, get fit, try to be an Olympic athlete, or just beat your friends, then come and join Hillingdon AC.
1. Come along to a training session; there’s no need to join first and there is only a minimal entry fee to the stadium.
2. Bring your trainers.
3. Try out a range of events (you’ve got 20 to choose from in athletics) and meet the coaches and other athletes.
4. Become a club member (£40 a year for juniors): fill in a membership form
The fee is £10 for an initial 4 week membership. Further details below the online form.
Parents of Juniors aged 11 to 17 need to complete this online form below and pay by paypal account, debit/credit card or download the form and pay by cash.
There is no obligation to join after this period. If after 4 weeks the junior wants/is invited to become a full member they will need to pay the additional £30 to complete full membership. The junior is required to attend all sessions in the 4 week period.
Coaching is included in membership however athletes must pay entrance fees for training sessions held at Hillingdon Stadium and Brunel University indoor athletics facility. Hillingdon Stadium fees here.
Completed forms and cash or cheques payable to Hillingdon Athletic Club should be handed to Alison Alford at Hillingdon Stadium at a Tuesday or Thursday training time.
Hillingdon Junior (11-17 year olds) Section train at Hillingdon Athletic Track, Gatting Way, Uxbridge on Tuesday and Thursday Evenings 5.30pm- 7pm.
Children aged between 11 years and 17yrs are welcome.
Athletes will be expected to compete in club events if coached by Hillingdon coaches.
There are different ability groups to help athletes find an appropriate training level.
All athletic disciplines are covered over a monthly period which are communicated to athletes by the coaches.
We are an athletic club and expect athletes to represent the club where appropriate.
· New athletes can join anytime throughout the year
· Tuesday and Thursday at Hillingdon Stadium from 5.30pm until 7pm.
· Athletes should arrive at 5.15pm ready to start at 5.30pm.
· Athletes are expected to compete in the Young Athletes League, Alder Valley League or the National Junior League at least 3 times a year.
· Parents will be asked to volunteer.
Dependent on the weather conditions we aim to provide coaching in throws, jumps, hurdles and both running disciplines. In normal circumstances there will be 5/6 training groups. However it is not always possible to do all events, all the time.
· As of 1st April 2012, we will be introducing our Welcome Pack. This will include useful information about the club. You will be asked to complete our Joining Form and required to pay a membership fee.
· Introduction with fitness and skills assessment for a period of 4 weeks, your progress will then be reviewed with one of our coaches at the end of the period and feedback provided.
· Parents must be present for duration of the first session
· Children that are not fit enough will be given a training plan to help them. They are welcome to come back the following month to try again
For further information, relating to any of our sessions, please contact Alison Alford on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07762 521120. Please click here to download our new joiners intitial 4 week Application form.